Thursday, October 11, 2012

Home of the Lions!

As Promised, I'll share with you my overnight stay at Columbia University. To sum it up it one word its was simply ASTONISHING!!!

Getting to Columbia was the hard part of my over night stay. Which is ironic because I live in New York, you would think that my skills of getting around on MTA Public Transportation would be better then it is. I was set to arrive at Columbia by 4 pm, its sad to say that because I got lost on the one train and left school later then I should have, I arrived to Columbia around 5:30 pm. Luckily, they were able to accommodate me. I met up with my host, Tofunmi, for dinner. Although they had a pretty great selection of food, I wasn't really hungry and settled for salad and pizza. After such an early dinner, we dropped my stuff off at Carmen and had a Campus tour.

After all the meeting and greeting was done we headed back to Carmen, one of the two freshmen only dorms on campus and I got to meet tons of amazing freshmen. Tofunmi's floor mates are pretty awesome if I do say so my self. Megan and Madison lives across the hall they are totally fun and easy going, I loved talking with them. Connor, he's one mellow dude; I hope he passed the bio exam he was studying for. Then there was the Asian kid from Missouri, he was really funny, we kept bumping into him all over campus mostly at butler library. Lastly, was Tofunmi's roommate, I forgot her name but she was so sweet and she plays Volleyball for Columbia (GO LIONS!). Tofunmi and I concluded our night at JJ's place which is this pretty cool night time cafe, the food there is also good. Over all my overnight visit is one that I will never forget.

All of the people I met made me want to be in college faster even though one common piece of advice they gave me was to enjoy senior year. Seeing that senior year has been completely unorganized (on my schools behalf) and stressful due to college applications and student government there has been little or no time for myself. While at Columbia I was able to sit in on a class and it was good to see that college isn't completely different form what I'm use to. One main thing that my overnight visit did for me was push Columbia up on my college list. So Columbia University is now one of my first choices, with my second choice being Harvard. As I continue my college process I can only hope that it be easy enough for me to choice which path best suits me. Seeing that I will continue down this path for the next four... maybe eight years of my academic career.

This is a Panoroma shot of Columbias Quad from the top of the lower library.

Fun Fact: Columbia has 23 libraries and a rear book collection which could be found inside butler library along with and history exhibit! 

Smiles & Giggles
Nashay-Trimia

P.S- Special Thanks to Tofunmi! you were and amazing host and hopefully I will see you soon, Again Thank you for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment